Your rights to see and correct data
As a ‘Data Subject’ you have a number of important rights:
- to access your personal information;
- to request that it is erased;
- that its processing is restricted to the purpose for which it was given and;
- that any inaccurate personal information is rectified.
Spaceventures.org is owned and operated by Space Ventures GmbH (AIFM) (“Space Ventures”). Space Ventures the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation. Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own website. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
As a part of its day to day operations Space Ventures meets large numbers of business contacts, start ups and investors at meetings and receives emails about investment opportunities. It is likely to receive and store personal information on those it meets. If you have had contact with Space Ventures, for example through emailing us or meeting a colleague, it is likely that we will want to make a note of that email or meeting and may store limited amounts of personal information relating to you, such as your name, job title, employer organisation and contact details.
We will collect and store this personal information for the purposes of:
- maintaining a record of contacts;
- providing periodic business updates;
- organizing meetings with you;
- or just stay in contact for mutual updating
The legal basis for collecting and storing such personal information about you is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in running and promoting our business. The personal information we hold about business contacts may not be shared with any third party despite your written consent.
Important note: For the work of our consulting and investment management activities for our investors club, our fund and our start-ups we work with an own physical double mirrored server, that is secured in our office. We do not work with cloud based providers as we consider this as not secure enough. Access is limited to individual link invitation secured by password and limited time period for access.
Personal Information Collected During A Transaction
Space Ventures is likely to receive and store personal information as part of its investment activities.
If you are involved in a transaction that Space Ventures and/or the funds that it manages or advises enters into, or a potential transaction that Space Ventures considers, we may store personal information relating to you. This might include you’re your company, your pitchdeck, your business plan, your CV, details of your previous employment history and professional activities, information relating to your financial status and dealings, nationality information (including copies of identity documents, such as a passport), references provided by third parties, and results of other due diligence carried out.
We collect and store this information for the purposes of:
- evaluating a deal and preparing a due dilligence;
- executing transactions;
- managing an investment once made;
- maintaining records of investments;
- meeting regulatory and legal obligations eg KYC checks;
- safeguarding our legal rights and interests;
- seeking and receiving advice from our professional advisors, including accountant’s lawyers and other consultants; and
- providing periodic business updates, as described below
The personal information we hold about the members of a management team of a company may be shared with
- professional advisors, such as accountants, lawyers or other consultants;
- financial intermediaries;
- our investment commitee
- credit and other reference agencies;
- other persons who have an interest or involvement in, or who are considering an interest or involvement in an investment, including co-investors or other providers of finance
We store and process information in this way because it is necessary to:
- decide about an investment
- elaborate an offer for investment
- comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; and/or
- protect our legitimate interests in running and promoting our business
- enable our due diligence duties
- communicate with our investors and start ups
Personal Data Collected During Visits To Our Website
When you interact with our website, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit in order to understand and improve our usability. We may track:
- how you have reached our website and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any
- searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- what content you like or share
- information collected in any forms you complete
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called ‚cookies‘ on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
When you submit your data to us, we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to guard your information. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper-based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them. Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Please do not share or disclose your password to any other person.
Important note: For our investor club and our start ups we work with an own physical double mirrored server, that is secured in our office, and no third parties. We do not work with cloud based providers as we consider this as not secure enough. Access is limited to individual link invitation secured by password and limited time period for access.
In case of questions please ask us!
We wish to build a long-term relationship with you and would like to use personal information that we hold to send you updates about our business, activities and opportunities to work together. We would usually do this by email and/or post. You can opt out of receiving updates at any time by contacting us using the information below, or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email that you receive.
In the first instance please contact Katja Popp under email@example.com.